Thursday, June 11, 2009

I Give In...

I've said for a while now that I won't start a blog. Too much work, too much pressure to keep it updated, etc. BUT, as my adorable little boys are growing up, I find there are so many funny stories, milestones, etc, that I want to share - especially since we are far away from family and so many friends. So, here you go...



Rider waiting - very patiently (truth be told - it was close to an hour!) - for his 2 month dr. visit.


He had to get 2 shots, but did awesome with them. He's also growing like crazy - weighing in at 12lbs 8oz, and 23inches long. He loves to smile now - all the time...when he wakes up, when he eats, when he's sitting in his bumbo chair (I know it may seem early for this, but he's a pretty strong kid), basically he smiles all the time. He takes great naps - which if anyone knows how Brice was, this is new for me. He sleeps okay at night - we are trying to break the habit of sleeping in his carseat, though...any tips would be appreciated! He naps without it, but at night, he won't sleep long without it. He'll be 10 weeks old on Saturday and I can't believe it's been that long already! He is a great baby!



Here is a recent pic of our entire family. We went to Texas for the wedding of a high school friend of Darren's. It was a great time - getting to show off our family. :) The boys did great - even though it was WAAAAY past bedtime!


Another pic from the wedding. It was a beautiful setting, and Brice - who loves the outdoors - just wanted to be outside. I thought this photo was just too precious!





And another one of Brice - our little surfer dude. Grams and "Pa-paw" (Brice's name for Grandpa) have a pool at their house. Brice could have cared less about the pool, but loved adventuring in their huge backyard. He also really liked sitting in the lawn chairs.




Enjoy!

















3 comments:

  1. We all knew you would give in, we just had to give you time. Cute pictures of Brice and Rider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo excited. I think you will really enjoy "blogging". Hey I started Facebook after I couldn't get a lot of pics of my cute little nephews that often. :) No really I think you will like having the journal to look back at. I am doing it to make a book for the kids, think of it that way.. It can be scrap book for them when they get older. Travis has already looked into places that make them into books:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bout Time! Now I can keep up with you guys too! Sure do miss you all! Grandma Dee

    ReplyDelete